Apparently today is Blog Day, a day in which we write about five new/favorite blogs.
In no particular order:
(1) “The Tree of Life” by Jonathan Eisen. Jonathan is on faculty at UC Davis, researching evolutionary biology. He recently co-authored this textbook, which I’m currently reading (and very much enjoying).
(2) PLoS Computational Biology. This isn’t really a blog, per se. Actually, it’s just the RSS feed for the journal of the ISCB. So why did I pick this “blog”? Answer: The Public Library of Science (PLoS) is a great example of open-access research. Because PLoS is open-access, I can read scientific publications FOR FREE in Google Reader, instead of paying monthly/annual subscriptions.
(3) “Imbibable: the world’s most comprehensive beverage review source”, by Abi Jones. Abi’s latest consumer blog is basically hilarious. Abi has a talent for combining practical consumer information with witty humor. Other Abi Jones projects include: Heat Eat Review, The Impulse Buy, and Stupid Wedding Crap.
(4) “A Softer World”. Sometimes humorous, sometimes painful, always inventive.
(5) “TracyFood”, by Tracy van Cort. Tracy cooks delicious food, and writes about it.
Enjoy. Happy Blog Day 2007.